So you may have noticed (or most likely you haven’t, since you have an amazing and productive life) that I have been a bit quiet on Instagram since I have been traveling for a full week! After two bachelorette parties and a work trip I don’t even know what day it is anymore. Honestly though it is totally worth the lack of sleep since I had a blast celebrating with my girls!
I do like to keep it all about fashion on my blog, but sometimes I like to throw in a travel post or two every now and then. On my highlights on my Instagram I do recap some places I have been, which may be helpful for if you are wanting quick tips on places to eat and see for your next destination.
This weeks post is all about Charleston, SC! Or also known as the HQ for bachelorette parties. I don’t mean that in a bad way, but everywhere you turn you can see the bride squads roaming around with the matching tees, temporary tattoos, and pink wigs (oh wait that was us.)
If you find yourself looking for your next girls trip I definitely recommend it here. It has a small town charm with a big city feel. Here is a recap of what we got into on our 3 day weekend celebrating my girl Kristin’s Bachelorette festivities:
- Boat Rentals- We rented a boat that had our own captain on it and we cruised around the harbor for about 4 hours. We brought sandwiches and things to snack on board and we made a stop at Shems Creek, which is a must for fun bars and restaurants right on this cute cove!
- Dinner at Leons Oysters– Definitely recommend this place obviously for the seafood! Had a really welcoming vibe and the oysters are truly incredible.
- Take a stroll down King St– There is such a variety of bars and restaurants for anyone’s taste. From live music venues, wine bars, and clubs there is definitely a lot of fun to be had!
- Shopping at the City Market– Perfect daytime activity is to check out the covered market downtown that is filled with local vendors and artisans selling their crafts. Great stop to pick up some souvenirs!
- Pineapple Fountain at Waterfront Park– Pick up some Italian ice and head down to the waterfront to see the adorable pineapple fountain and we definitely spotted some dolphins in the distance on the water. I am sure my screams of excitement scared them away.
- Rainbow Row– This is a spot for the perfect group photos with your girls amongst the colorful row houses that line this street.
- Brunch at the Butcher and Bee– All I can say is, there is a rose flight you can order…nuff said! Food is delish, but even more so I loved the unique décor with the pops of yellow and honeycomb design elements, very on brand!
- Rooftop and Dinner at Stars– We rented a private room here since we had a bigger party, but you can also just do a simple dinner. Food was epic and the rooftop has the cutest views of the downtown. The Aperol Spritz is a must!
- Live Music- Done with hearing Party in the USA and all that club music? Then you should definitely check out The Commodore! It was amazing live music and the interior of the club has old time chandeliers and a very vintage vibe to it, which is right up my alley.
- Enjoy the moment and bring lots of sunscreen!